™BlackNoah™ / RotsHeaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

™BlackNoah™ / RotsHeaven

Discuss anything here! Dedicated to the secret society unknown to humankind also known as ™BlackNoah™

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Once per Game / Once per Turn

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kashue
2008 KOTEI CHAMPION
2008 KOTEI CHAMPION
kashue

Number of posts : 570
Registration date : 2008-01-03

Once per Game / Once per Turn Empty
PostSubject: Once per Game / Once per Turn   Once per Game / Once per Turn Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 3:40 am

Kyoso no Oni
Oni • Nonhuman • Shadowlands • Enlightened • Experienced 3 • Unique • Lose 8 Honor.
After the first time each game Kyoso no Oni enters play: Destroy a Personality you control; if this destroyed him, you may target and destroy another Personality with an equal or lower Gold Cost than his.
Limited: Target a Ring and a Shadowlands Personality. Destroy both targets.

Hidden Dragon Temple
Singular • Temple
Bow this card: Produce 2 Gold.
Limited: Bow this card: Put a target dead Personality on the bottom of his owner's Dynasty deck.

Per the rulebook, http://rules.l5r.com/Effects#Tracking_rule if I bring Kyoso in and then target herself for the entering-play trait and then use Hidden Dragon to put her back at the bottom of my Dynasty deck, does this mean that I can use her entering-play trait again, or does the card's text of "Once per game" still apply?

Answer:

The Tracking Rule isn't different for Unique cards. Use the trait again if you want.
Back to top Go down
kashue
2008 KOTEI CHAMPION
2008 KOTEI CHAMPION
kashue

PostSubject: Re: Once per Game / Once per Turn   Once per Game / Once per Turn Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 3:42 am

As I understand it when a card goes face down and out of play the once per turn restriction on its ability for lack of a better word resets.

My question is what happens if you retrieve a card played this turn from your discard pile and place it into your hand (where it would be face down and out of play)? My best examples are either being an action card retrieved with Sound Strategy or Ring of Void retrieved with Shinsei's Crow or K'mee. Would you be able to play that card for the same action printed on it a second time that turn?

As I understand the rules I believe that you would be able to. If I am incorrect please explain why. Thanks.

Sound Strategy

Reaction: After a battle ends: Take the last non-Terrain Action card that you played during the battle from the discard pile and put it in your hand. (This cannot retrieve a card played after the end or resolution of a battle.)

2 K'mee 4

- 5 2

Ratling • Nonhuman • Monk • Shugenja • One Tribe • Enlightened • Experienced 2 • Unique
K'mee attaches Jingasa cards without gold cost.
Limited: Look at the top 5 cards of your Fate deck or discard pile. You may bow K'mee: If you do, show one of those cards that is a Ring or Jingasa, and put it in your hand.

0 Shinsei's Crow 0

1 1 -

Unique
Open: Bow Shinsei's Crow: Straighten a number of non-Holding cards up to the number of Rings you control. You may put a Ring from your discard pile into your hand.

Ring of the Void

Void
After you successfully resolve your fourth or later non-Kiho action from Action cards in one phase: You may put his card into play from your hand.
Open: Bow this card or discard it from your hand: If any player has more cards in his hand than you do, or if you bowed this card, draw a card.

Answer:

You can play it again, for reasons stated.
Back to top Go down
kashue
2008 KOTEI CHAMPION
2008 KOTEI CHAMPION
kashue

PostSubject: Re: Once per Game / Once per Turn   Once per Game / Once per Turn Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 4:00 am

"Once per Game" Trait or Ability of a card can be used again if they would be face-down, shuffle into your deck or place it into your hand..

Abilities on a card can only be used "ONCE PER TURN" restrictions unless specified, it can only be use again in the same turn if it face-down and out of play (discarded card are out of play but not face-down), shuffle it into deck and retrieving it into your hand, or retriving it into hand from a discard pile or out of play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Once per Game / Once per Turn   Once per Game / Once per Turn Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Once per Game / Once per Turn
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
™BlackNoah™ / RotsHeaven :: L5R :: Rulez-
Jump to: